Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday's Tips


Wear a daily moisturizer with sunscreen built-in.
Sounds obvious, right? Well, I am just now getting around to doing this myself. Olive and I are outside so much and while it's easy to remember to spray down her precious little skin with sunscreen, mine doesn't always get the same attention. So I decided that I'd start using a daily facial moisturizer with a built-in SPF so if I didn't get around to putting some on me, at least I'd have some protection. There are many different facial moisturizers that include sunscreen. Many are SPF 15, which is better than nothing, but in my opinion, maybe not quite enough for the summer months. Mary Kay makes a tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 20 (see here) which I like because it saves a step - it's foundation and moisturizer and sunscreen all rolled into one. I use this one a lot, but have also just found these Neutrogena Healthy Defense ones with Helioplex, which is supposed to be really good for helping to fight the UVA and UVB rays. It's available in SPF 30 and 45 (pictured). I bought mine at Ulta and Wal-Mart, but is also available at Drugstore.com or probably just about anywhere you normally buy cosmetics (though the 45 is a little harder to find). If I can ever use up the mass quantities of great lotions that I have, I will also start using a daily body moisturizer with an SPF. Most of these are 15 but 15 is better than nothing, and is great for the daily in/out that most people do.
Have a healthy and happy summer!

1 comment:

Sharon - Pixie Bows said...

I use the Neutrogena with 45, love it.