Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lazy Woman's Way to Go Green

Most of us are looking for ways to go green and be even a little bit more environmentally-friendly. Well, in my summer laziness, I have realized that I have done a few things that help without even meaning to.

For example, in our bathroom, we have a light with three bulbs. About a week ago, one of them burnt out and I just haven't gotten around to changing it. But look, I saved lots of energy!

The drain in our bathroom sink seems to be a little slow. I have tried several times to pull out the stopper to clean it out but haven't been able to get it and am afraid I'll break it (need to ask Dennis for help). In the meantime, I have cut down on my water consumption so as not to fill the sink.

Yesterday, Olive and I were walking with our neighbors for exercise. We needed to go to the grocery and were walking right by it so instead of having to make a separate trip (and loading up the car, kid in the carseat etc.), we just stopped on our way back. This also meant we brought our super sturdy reusable bags because the plastic just wouldn't cut it to walk home with.

So, if you're lazy sometimes, don't beat yourself up - you may even be doing something great for the environment!

No comments: