Monday, August 18, 2008

Inspiration

Lately, I'm finding inspiration everywhere I look.

For example, yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to meet up with an old acquaintance from college. We didn't really know each other that well in school but reconnected recently through a networking site. She is considering the possibility of designing her own line of stationery so we met to catch up but also to discuss this further. After leaving, I felt so incredibly inspired, both personally and professionally. My mind was racing with business ideas for her and for myself. I was so excited. But I was also inspired personally too. It's always great to make new friends, which is what I felt like I did. Too bad she's moving out of state in a few weeks but I'm thrilled to have had the chance to catch up and talk shop.

I've also found all sorts of inspiration elsewhere - from friends, from events, from things I see. I feel optimistic today. The world is really a beautiful place with so many amazing things to offer if we choose to see it and choose to learn from each inconsequential experience. I do a lot of reflection and find I've learned more in the last year or so than in the previous 28. Today, take some time to notice things around you and how they directly or indirectly impact your life. You'll be surprised what you can learn.

1 comment:

Sharon - Pixie Bows said...

it is so true, inspiration is everywhere, when I did design I used to look at nature all the time to draw inspiration for colorways.