Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta laugh...

Do crazy things ever happen to you? Do you sometimes feel like if someone else were watching your life, they would laugh (and it would make a great movie?)

I often feel like this and when I get frustrated, I try to remember that it would be funny if I were watching this on TV.

Well, something funny happened to me. Have you ever seen the episode of "Sex and the City" where Carrie was dumped by Berger on a Post-it? Yeah, that happened to me. Well, OK, so the details are a little different...

Last night I was checking email one last time before I went to bed and saw I had a Skype message (like an instant message) from my boss for my part-time job firing me! I was so shocked I didn't know what to think. True, I am technically a contract worker, but I have been with the company on and off for about 3 years now and was surprised to be disposed of via an instant message. After I got over my shock, I laughed...after all, it is pretty damn funny.

Anyone got any good stories to share? Hope you got a chuckle out of mine. I swear, one of these days I'll strap a video camera to my head and make a hit reality show with the crazy things that happen in my life.

No comments: