Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday's Tips



Take some time for yourself.

Sounds obvious, doesn't it? But not to people like me, who work too hard and always stress about all the many things on my to-do list. But recently I've tried to take 15 minutes to myself (usually during nap time) to just watch TV, read a book, or do something I enjoy. It really makes a vast difference on my day and on my outlook. I am one of those people that can't just watch TV (I am always doing 10 other things while I do it) and as soon as Olive is down for a nap or for the night, I immediately start working, either for my business or for my home, and don't stop until it's time for me to go to bed. I rarely watch TV. I try to read, but it's usually only for the 5 minutes before I go to bed. I'm so BUSY all the time that I never just relax. Which is probably why I've been sick for over a week and still feel awful. So, today, take 15 minutes to read a book or magazine (and not standing at the kitchen counter, I mean stretched out on the couch or bed), or sit and just watch TV while you're all sprawled out, and just ENJOY.

No comments: