Monday, May 12, 2008

Home Sweet Home


It's always nice to come home.
Whenever you spend time away from your home, it's always refreshing and comforting to come back home. Whether you are staying in a Ritz-Carlton or camping with mosquitoes, coming home is always a little bit sweet (and it doesn't matter if you live in a roach-infested apartment, a huge sprawling estate, or a comfortable townhouse (like me) - it's just always good to be back).
Whenever we travel, Dennis always says, "I can't wait to get back home" - I roll my eyes and groan and think about the laundry, the chores, the day-to-day life that I love escaping when we travel. But this past weekend I was flying solo to attend the Baby & Kids Expo in PA and I was never happier to get home. I'm sure I was a bit more homesick than usual because my family wasn't with me and I was so terribly sick with a cold that all I wanted more than anything in the world was just to be home, in my own bed, with my familiar and comfortable surroundings. The constant rain and cold we've been having for so long (it is May, right?) didn't help either. But I just wanted to be home. And when I got home, I was so happy. Makes me never want to leave again. I suppose it's something about the familiarity of it all and you are the one in charge and you know how things work. Maybe I'm too Type A to be travelling without being in control. Not sure...but I do know it was the greatest homecoming. Now I'm back in control...of the temperature, of the activities, of the meals, and it's comforting.
PS - Nope, this is not my house - this is an image I found online - it's of the Yolo County Historical Museum Gibson House in Woodland, CA.

No comments: