Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to Blogging

I've been missing from the online world a bit lately but it's time to get back. Just an update on some things that have happened in recent days and weeks...

Last week we said goodbye to my dear mother-in-law who ended her long battle with cancer. Although we knew it was coming, it didn't make it a whole lot easier when it actually happened. We spent the better part of the week in New York (where she lived) and had a beautiful memorial service for her. She lived far away from us in distance but not in spirit - both Dennis and I talked to her on the phone several times each day and this void is very apparent now that we're starting to resume our daily lives. Over the past month or so, Dennis has been gone most weekends and several weekdays to tend to her while she was sick. It's been a rough few months for us and will probably continue to be for awhile. At least now she is at peace though and not in pain - there's nothing worse than seeing someone you love so much be hurting and you can't do anything about it.

On to happier news now...
We had our ultrasound of baby #2 and all looks well. She (that's right, we're going to have 2 beautiful little girls!!!) appears to be healthy and happy and is certainly proving to be as active in utero as her big sister Olive. I am deducing that this means she will be as active as Olive in person too, which both scares and delights me. I can't possibly imagine chasing TWO kids like this but at the same time, maybe there will be SOMEONE who can keep up with Olive (because Dennis and I sure can't!) We are very excited about the impending arrival of this one, due sometime around July 1st.

Business is booming. I'm staying really busy with that, along with trying to convert my office into a bedroom (I haven't gotten too far...) and trying to wrap up paperwork and outstanding things from my mother-in-law's accounts. I'm busy but I'm here and hanging in. I am going to try to get back to regular blogging and will hopefully have some giveaways coming up soon so stay tuned...

No comments: