Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where would you like to live?

Dennis and I often ask each other, "if you could live ANYWHERE in the world (regardless of jobs etc.), where would it be?" This is a fun little game. I think of all the great places I'd love to live and where would I want to really put down roots. There are so many great locales that I think would be fun for a few years (or places that would have been neat in the pre-kids days) and there are places that I would want my children to grow up. I'm curious about where others would want to go if it were as easy as packing a suitcase and heading out.

Here are some of my thoughts on dream spots... San Diego (which we almost did a year ago), Arizona, Hawaii, fun to go to Colorado or Maine or Boston or New Hampshire or something for a year or so (but I hate the cold so this would have to be short-term). More realistic for me is anywhere in the South, especially if it is within driving distance to my family and an easy day trip to the beach would be a bonus. Anywhere they have lots of outdoor activities and great year-round weather. That's my ideal spot.

But for now, I'm finally adapting to life here in DC (it has only taken 3 years). It's just always fun to think about the what-ifs. Please post a comment and tell me where you'd like to go!

1 comment:

stina said...

My neighbor came over to my house and yelled at me over my dog!

I have a dog that I can't keep in my yard. I have tried everything and she always finds a way out. Anyway, this lady comes to my home, knocks on my door and when i open the door she points her finger at me and yells obscenities at me. Apparently my dog was in HER neighbors garbage and then pooped on HER NEIGHBORS LAWN! Why didn't she come and talk to me like a civil human being? Why was she a vicious monster attacking me at my door? I calmly went over to HER NEIGHBORS house where the garbage was and picked up every piece, and the dog poop. I agree that I have that responsibility to clean up after my dog. The one thing I don't agree upon is someone coming to my house and screaming in my face about something I didn't know about. Is anyone out there been blessed with a psyco-neighbor?
I don't think anyone remembers the golden rule...Do unto others as you would want done unto you!
I sent them a lovely card from this site I found...www.URAJerk.com