Thursday, August 7, 2008

Movie Review: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2



Last night I went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 with some friends. It was a great excuse for a girls night out. The movie itself was far better than I thought it would be. I saw the first one (never got around to reading the book) but wasn't expecting much of a sequel. There were definitely a lot of really cheesy parts but I laughed and yes, I'll admit it, I cried a bit too. The characters are likeable and in this movie, they're a few years older and more mature and really exploring their personalities. A great movie to see with friends but don't try to drag your boyfriend/husband to it - he will not enjoy it.


As a side note... on the way home, I passed a dead skunk (I didn't actually see it, just smelled it). It occurred to me how often this has been happening lately and I actually did see one in the road the other day. But isn't it strange how we so often smell them but rarely see them? I never think about them anywhere but as roadkill. Why don't we ever see them in the woods? Are they private little critters? I can guarantee you that I've spent entirely too much time thinking about this in the past 24 hours but I'm sort of intrigued. Skunks are a mystery to me other than Pepe Le Pew, though I do have one friend who had one as a childhood pet. Just my random thought of the day. It's the little things....

No comments: