Saturday, December 20, 2008

Book Review: Marley & Me by John Grogan

Marley & Me by John Grogan
A friend passed along this book and said I should read it. I had heard of it before but she said that being a dog lover, I would really enjoy it. So I picked it up and instantly fell in love.
This is the tale of Marley, "the world's worst dog" - a dog who does everything wrong but is still lovable. This story follows him throughout his life with his family and all their ups and downs. A true story, written in an easy-to-read and fun format, that shows you just how wonderful a dog companion can be. I won't say much more than that but it's definitely a book that shows you about "the little things" in life and how to savor every minute, just as a big, slobbering dog would do.
In the course of reading this book, I started seeing previews for the movie which comes out on Christmas Day, featuring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. Sure to be cute, I will definitely see this one.
I have also started seeing Marley stuff everywhere - a line of kids' books and activities and all sorts of other spinoffs from the book. This is a quick, easy read, one that could be enjoyed this holiday during your travel. So pick it up and read it. You'll fall in love with Marley like millions of others.

No comments: