Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wasting Away the Time

I feel like Olive and I are so busy, busy, busy all the time that I thought we'd take today off and just sorta relax. I need it - my pregnant body feels like it's going to collapse (I don't remember being this tired at this stage last time?). We did go to the mall today to buy Olive some shoes for her uncle's wedding in a few weeks (that I'll have to miss, boohoo) and look for curtains for the nursery (we got shoes but no luck on curtains). I can't believe how exhausted it made me to just walk around the mall. Amazing. I am now 32 weeks pregnant so technically, I have another 8 weeks to go. The way I feel right now, I don't know how I will make it that long! So I've had to cut back. But I get bored easily and being around the house and actually relaxing and getting things done is pleasing but boring. Although I'm still two months out, I feel like I did at the end before Olive was born - like I'm just killing time awaiting her arrival. Strange, isn't it? I know this endless rain and gloom we've been having doesn't help either. Luckily today has been dark but not too rainy so as soon as this kid wakes up from her nap, I think I need to take her outside and let her run free for a little while. Expend some toddler energy. I just need to go somewhere fenced in so I can sit down! ;) In the meantime, think I'll go enjoy a cup of tea and revel in the quiet. It doesn't happen often enough and pretty soon, there will be no such thing... ;)

1 comment:

Jessica Monte said...

Congrats mamma! You're almost there, :-)

I too am already feeling like I'm waiting around and I am only 26 1/2 weeks along (can you tell I am counting down?).

Hang in there, walk lots and lots, and maybe it'll be just 4 to 5 more weeks. Wives' tales, maybe, but it's what's helping me do the waiting part.

Oh, and I can't wait for you to meet your baby!