Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trying to let it go...

To help some of my pregnancy woes, my doctor suggested that I be walking around 50% of the time and lying down with my feet elevated 50% of the time. No extended sitting or standing. All I have to say to that is HAHA. He does realize that I have a toddler with limitless energy so this is a bit of an unrealistic goal but I am trying to heed his advice, at least to a certain extent. I do need to rest more. But what that means is that many things go undone. And I'm not good with that. I'm a busybody through and through, one who never sits down for more than 1-2 minutes at a time. This is so hard for me! So I'm trying to just let it go and achieve what is absolutely necessary and not worry too much about the rest. Anyone have any secrets to this? Sigh... just a few more weeks until I meet this beautiful girl and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Jessica Monte said...

Me too, :-) That is, I am also a busy body, constantly moving, never wanting to sit down. I just don't know what to do with myself when I am standing still . . . I am reading several books at a time or planning for projects to do in the coming days. During my first pregnancy, my midwife placed me on "quasi" bed rest so that I was supposed to do light housework and only walk as needed (for the last 6 weeks or so). I'm not quite sure how I made it through . . . I think I kept finding chores that needed to be done around our house and then I would rest afterward.

Anyway, I know waiting is so hard, but I will keep you in my thoughts that it will go fast for you and that you'll get to meet your little girl in no time.

Hang in there, :-)