Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book Review: Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald


Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald
My book club met last night to discuss this story and it was unanimous that everyone liked it. As usual, we spent more time chatting about everything else than about the book, but it was definitely a great read. The plot in a nutshell - a young Persian woman comes to the US in hopes of finding a husband here with citizenship so she can stay. She bunks with her sister and brother-in-law, who do everything in their power to set her up with a nice Iranian man who she can marry. This is a girl's quest for independence and freedom - things that are not common in Iran, especially for a woman. Although it's a light-hearted read, it really does point out how free we truly are here in America and how much we take it for granted. You will fall in love with the cast of zany characters and feel her pain as she makes difficult decisions about her future. Pick up a copy today - click here. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

holly said...

Lindsey gave me this book for my birthday and I LOVED it. I passed it on to my dear friend in Mexico who loves to read too. It was such an easy and fun read. I need a little something fun,cheery and romantic after a crazy day with the kids. Good choice Lindsey!!