Monday, April 28, 2008

serenity how?



Today is one of those days where it seems like everything is getting on my nerves. I feel frustrated and disorganized. And on top of that, I feel like it will never stop raining!!

It's on days like this that I wonder how to achieve some semblance of serenity. A surprising little thing that has helped me so much lately is tea. Any kind of tea but my latest is a little flavored tea, especially iced tea. I have been buying some of those green or white teas with flavoring at the store (by the milk in the refrigerated section) and they are surprisingly delicious. A few sips and I feel like a new person. Something about it just makes me feel at ease. Needless to say, I am sipping some now. Some days it's nature or the weather that helps me relax. Today it is tea. I picked this picture (taken by my dad - what a photographer!) because I think this alligator looks so at ease and relaxed. He's lying there basking in the sun, content to just be. Think that's what I want to do this afternoon - just be.

1 comment:

WhirledPeas said...

good photo by ben!! hope the tea is helping. :) i'm gonna post some cute videos on my blog in a little bit. if you have a chance, check them out! they made me smile, so hopefully you'll enjoy them as well. :)