Friday, March 12, 2010

Pantry Perfect........Cupboard Cuisine

I do not particuarly love to cook.

I like to try new recipes and do new things but on an everyday basis, I am uninspired and not really that interested in planning, cooking, and cleaning up for dinner, all the while listening to two screaming children (and that's no exaggeration, they usually are both screaming).

Enter what I like to call "Pantry Perfect" or "Cupboard Cuisine". These are quick and simple recipes made with things that I already have lying around. Recipe varies each time I make them, using whatever ingredients I have. Good last-minute things to whip up. I will start posting some of the ones that are good (or at least edible).

First on the list is Black Bean Enchiladas.



Black Bean Enchiladas

1 can black beans
Soft flour tortillas
Cheese
1 can corn
Onions
Cooked rice
Green Peppers (if desired)
Salsa
Sour Cream

Chop up onions and peppers. Put tortillas in 13x9 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon black beans, corn, rice, onions, peppers, and cheese on one side and roll up. Top with salsa (can also add cheese and corn to the outside for extra yumminess). Bake in oven at 375 for about 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream and a side of tortilla chips, a salad, or choose to make the rice as a side dish.

*Meal tastes best when accompanied by a cold beer or margarita ;)

No comments: