Friday, June 19, 2009

M.I.A.

WOW, it's been almost a month since I've posted. You're probably wondering what happened to me?

Life has been crazy, to say the least.

We are still on official "Baby Watch" around here - could be any day. I'm feeling exhausted and awful and ready for her to come. My mom arrives on Tuesday so would be great if she could wait to show her pretty face until then but I hope she doesn't wait too much longer after that ;) Being 9.5 months pregnant while you are chasing a 2.5 year old is not easy. Enough said.

Add to that our other great news...we are moving!!! Dennis got a fantastic job in Florida so we will be leaving the area in July and life has been crazy trying to get packed up and ready to move too. SO many major things happening at once.

On top of this, Olive and our dog Jack have both decided that sleep is unnecessary so the baby is not even here yet and nobody is sleeping in our house. Sigh...

As a total aside...I have been meaning to blog about the book, "The Kite Runner" which I finished quite awhile ago. I'll be short and sum it up and just say that I loved it. I learned so much again about Afghanistan and history and it really makes you appreciate what we've got. Khaled Hosseini is a fantastic author that really draws you in. I also watched "Slumdog Millionaire" (which I did not think was as great as everyone said) but a lot of the poverty and lifestyle images were similar and it gives me a greater understanding of the headlines in the newspaper (that I read while sipping coffee, sitting on the leather couch, and watching my flat screen TV). I realize how fortunate I really am to have unlimited choices in my life (like the opportunity to move closer to family, to stay home with my children, to live in a nice home, to eat whatever I want for dinner). It's a good reminder to be grateful for the wonderful people in our lives too - they are what really make it or break it - and it's imporant to remember how much easier our lives are than people in many parts of the world. So, next time you're tempted to complain that you can't afford the new Lexus, pick up a book or newspaper and be grateful that you have a car at all, or have a job to go to in your car. Many people are not that lucky. So while I complain about being exhausted and pregnant and moving etc., I say it knowing that it could be much, much worse.

Hope everyone is doing well and I will try to post more frequently!

2 comments:

WhirledPeas said...

great blog! very true about appreciating what we've got! sorry you haven't been feeling well, though. :( hopefully baby girl #2 will arrive very soon!! :)

Jessica Monte said...

Oh man, I am so understanding (and yet feeling a bit in the dark) over our own 2 year old's and our cat's inability to sleep these past 2 weeks. Needless to say, mom and dad are zonked.

Congrats again on the coming move, and hopefully, your little pea will arrive soon enough.