Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Pea in the Pod




Exciting News...
Little Olive will be a big sister!!
I'm due sometime around July 1st with our second child. What a blessing. This pregnancy has been completely different thus far and we are really excited. I am about 4 months pregnant now and time is flying.
This morning Olive begged to go to the "baby store" so we went to Babies R Us to begin our research on beds and double strollers. As we were about to leave, she started crying that she really wanted to buy something for the baby. What do you buy for a second child when you are still 6 months away? So we settled on buying some new pacifiers, which Olive got to choose herself. I think it made her feel important and big. She's just as excited as the rest of us and is enjoying feeling the baby kick and giving him/her hugs and kisses. I think this will be such a wonderful addition to our little family but I do think about how different it will be when I can't give all my time to Olive. I can't imagine loving anyone else as much but I've heard that love multiplies, not divides, when you have more children. I'm sure this is true and I can't wait to share our love with another lucky little child. Thanks for letting me share the great news with you!

1 comment:

Slacmc said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that Olive is taking to the idea of new sibling. It gives me hope for when we decide to have a second!