Monday, December 22, 2008

A new trend in fashion??







As I've been out and about doing some Christmas shopping, I've noticed something that I don't ever recall seeing before - a new line of swimsuits in December. At the first store the other day I thought, "boy, that's strange, I guess they had a lot left over from the summer" - I thought they were on clearance - but thought it unusual that they'd be near the front of the store. Today I made my last trip to the dreaded mall (and thank goodness we got our Santa picture done 6 weeks ago - the line today looked like it was probably at least an hour and a half) and saw the same swimsuit displays in the stores. They were not sale items - they were new styles. Maybe it's the new trend?? Maybe enough people travel somewhere warm over the holidays or winter months that they justify these itty bitty bikini displays next to the bulky sweaters? On a 20 degree winter day like today, the last thing that comes to my mind is a bikini, but I guess if I were headed for the tropics, I'd be thrilled to buy something small (though the thought of taking off my warm sweater to try it on and see my pasty winter skin in the mirror would be a bit of a deterrent). Anyhow, just an observation. If you're headed somewhere warm this winter, make sure to hit the stores for a new bathing suit - there's no shortage of styles. Or if you're like most of us, there are still lots of sweaters, scarves, and jackets to find a new one or two ;-) Happy Winter!

No comments: